Home of Norwegian Wood, Dovetailed Log Cabins, Elegant Rustic Furniture, Custom Cabinetry And Interiors by Reidar Wahl.

Reidar Wahl lives and works surrounded by the majestic beauty of Sandpoint, Idaho. A former Norwegian National Ski Team Member and World Pro Skiing Champion, he now creates his elegant rustic custom furniture, cabinetry and interiors drawing inspiration from old world Scandinavian furniture, frontier design traditions of the American West as well as the more contemporary look of the Western Lodge style designs of today.

A custom furniture maker at heart, working with materials of choice from American hardwood and softwood lumber to barn wood and reclaimed timbers, he applies true craftsmanship techniques to his creations. This often includes mortise & tenon joinery, traditional hand-hewn surfaces and hand-rubbed patinas to capture the quality, look and feel of the timeless beauty we all notice when seen.

A visionary, self-taught furniture maker and builder, Reidar embarked on his journey as a professional craftsman after retiring from international ski racing competition in 1998.

I interact with my clients through close relationships, lending years of experience and expertise to projects ranging from house building and design to creating one-of-a-kind pieces of furniture, cabinetry and interiors.

Design and project planning will be charged on an agreed upon basis, and custom furniture design and sketches for a refundable fee if an order is placed. Commissions will require a deposit, usually 50% with balance in full due upon delivery, plus 6% Idaho sales tax if applicable.

I will also crate and ship my work. Crating will be quoted based on the order. I will also travel to deliver, oversee and carry out projects depending upon the character of each job or commission.

www.lostcabinstudios.com