Willow Creek Artisans and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan's outdoor store! Located on the beautiful northern shores of Lake Michigan, we are a community of friendly, easy-going people, who love nature and all she has to offer.

As the store has grown over the last few years, it has taken on a personality of its own. I try to mold it, but it is constantly evolving in new directions with each new conversation I happen to have, either with an artist, a customer, or someone who just happens upon the website. What started out as primarily a down bedding specialty store, has blossomed to become so much more.

USA - I take pride in this great country that we live in, and throughout the site you will find products that are made in the United States of America. These products are quality pieces made by hard working Americans with a God given talent. These pieces are unique and most are made by hand, with love for the craft. These items may be a little bit more expensive than others, but please be rest assured that these are pieces that will be passed down through generations, as some of your grandparent's items were. Pride in craftsmanship is what we're all about.

Quality - Now, granted that not all items on this site are made in the USA, and likewise the USA doesn't have the monopoly on quality made products, but - I believe in quality. If it's made in the USA and is quality, then I feel as if I have struck gold! And if it's made in my home state of Michigan - even better! As you go through the site, you will see where some of the products are made in their description page. .

Artist's - As the customers came through the shop, I have found that they are most impressed with the items when they find out about its background. The items take on a more personal meaning and the customers love it when they purchase something with a history, even though it is not an antique. I got to thinking about that, as well as the fact that I truly enjoy giving personal tours of the store to my customers. Call it owner's pride, if you will. To discuss and point out items that are made by people and not huge factories - to give the background of the artist and hear what the people think of the pieces they are looking at. I wanted to be able to offer that to our online customers, as they miss out on so much the human factor of the shop. So, with much thought, a little ingenuity, and many hours of work we have been able to create an entire area on the website devoted to introduce you to our many artists.

I have come to really like the more personal aspect of my store and the direction it is taking. We are not a big store and I never want it to become something so very large and impersonal. Everyone who walks through our door is considered a friend and is treated as so. Customer service is first and foremost, and if you feel uncomfortable at all, please call us on it! I believe that there is no excuse for poor customer service. None.

Down - I guarantee all the down products we carry with a 30-night trial and a full money back guarantee if you don't like it. How can I do this being a small company and not a giant in the industry? Simply because I have done my research, so you don't have to. These products are truly awesome and are made by a small family owned business in the heart of Canada, who cares about what they are putting out on the market. I believe in them and their products and therefore am willing to stand behind this bedding 100%. Have we ever had anything returned? Sure. Down bedding isn't for everyone and people have different "likes". It is impossible to make one product that will satisfy everyone. The one point I like to stress, however, is that if you have never tried it, then you don't know if you like it or not. Let the people try it, and if they like it - then they have just purchased one of the finest pieces of natural bedding on the market today. If they don't like it, they are not stuck with bedding they don't like and won't use.

There are many items in our brick and mortar store that are not on the web site. This is due to the fact that it might be hard to ship a one of a kind item, or just because I haven't had enough time to put it in the database. It's amazing how much time it takes to work on the site (not that I'm complaining, as I like to work on the website - to constantly improve it and offer more items). If you are looking for a specific item and can't find it on the web site, please give me a call and we will do our best to find it.

Living on the waters of the bays is calming - there really isn't any other way to describe it. When I leave here to travel, it is my sense of home - and missing the water that I always yearn for. The Bays de Noc holds a special place in the hearts of those who live here, even though they might not even be aware of it. We are a small community of around 20,000 between Escanaba and Gladstone, crime is almost non-existent, and people wave even if they don't know you. It's a place where a stranger will pull over to help you change a tire, you don't think twice about who they are, and will almost certainly find you have someone in common during the course of the conversation. In any season, in all weather, this is the place we lucky few call home.

7135 L Road
Escanaba, MI 49829
www.willowcreekart.net