Rustic Log Furniture and Rustic Décor

Following age old traditions and using salvaged wood products I create spectacular rustic furniture and rustic décor pieces for your home or work place. Rustic furniture has a soul of its own and evokes memories of twisted old trees and distressed forms from nature itself. Our beautiful rustic décor pieces allow you to bring a little of that nature into your home in the form of useful furniture and art.

Home of Rustic Country Style Decor

Discover the beauty of our rustic furniture and décor for yourself by browsing through our gallery or visiting our company store and find that special one of a kind rustic furniture piece you have been looking for. The Bitterroot Valley in western Montana is home to many great artists making everything from rustic log furniture, rustic lighting fixtures, log cabin décor and luxury cabin furnishings. From time to time I am lucky enough to grace the pages of our company store with some of their work also. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments. I will also work with you on custom design ideas or special request you may have.

Why Rustic Furniture

In this high speed high tech world we live in, the demand for rustic furniture becomes greater every day. Every, log furniture or slab wood furniture piece I make presents the unique appearance of handmade free form art, built to last for generations to come. Unlike some rustic furniture makers that mass produce log furniture in the same way conventional furniture is produced, I still hand peel and hand fit every piece so no two are the same. My rustic furniture and Décor brings us back to a time when things weren’t moving quite as fast and we could enjoy the beauty around us.

Rustic Furniture and Our Environment

Talk to any rustic log furniture maker and listen to how they pride themselves in the fact that all of their lumber is harvested from standing dead trees or how they salvage the lumber from old barns to make barn wood furniture. Rustic furniture, slab wood furniture, log furniture and barn wood furniture is truly the most Eco friendly furniture on the market today. Our fore fathers built this style of rustic furniture out of necessity using the material at hand. We continue to build it in the same manner to preserve its bold simple elegance, its history and its natural beauty for all to enjoy. Art is defined as "the use of skill and imagination to create things of beauty". A rustic furniture maker only needs the skill and imagination required to uncover the beauty that is already there.

For more than forty years now I have been making my style of Rustic Furniture and Rustic Décor. I learned to love this form of furniture making when I first visited the great Adirondack lodges in upstate New York as a child. Old world craftsman from around the world came to New England and plied their trades to build barns and bridges, homes and even the rustic furniture and tools they needed.
The roots of TRW Woodworks follow a long path from those New England states and their rich history, all the way to Alaska and the relics left behind from the Gold rush days and those that pioneered the fishing industry. Finally, to the Pacific Northwest and the Bitterroot Valley in western Montana where homesteaders and loggers fashioned wood for their needs. Along the way while observing how the old timers did it, I have created my own style of rustic furniture, log furniture and rustic décor using whatever wood is available.

For the past 23 years, I have called the Spooner Creek Ranch, situated in the Bitterroot Valley south of Stevensville, Montana, home. This 125 year old homestead is the perfect setting to pursue my trade.The old homesteads, surrounding mountains and rivers hold an abundance of materials to work with including barn wood and driftwood. Easy travel to the West Coast and the high desert of Eastern Oregon gives me access to juniper, redwood, maple and myrtle wood. Always keeping an eye out for that perfect slab or burl to bring home, I often find walnut and willow to mix for contrast and beauty in my rustic log furniture.

Most days will find me and our black lab, Louie, working in the shop creating something new and different while Bob and Ziggy, a pair of Manx cat brothers, guard the door from the old overstuffed chair by the wood stove.

My rustic furniture is handmade, one at a time, and each piece is unique. I use mortise and tenon and trestle construction because it is time proven and very strong and I cross tie and install spreaders where needed for strength. Walnut pegs are used to secure my square tenon construction.

PO Box 536
Stevensville, MT 59870
(406) 360-5012
www.trwwoodworks.com