Inspired by the furniture in Jackson Hole Wyoming, I built my first log bed with my friend Roger in 1993. We set it up at a flea market, sold it, immediately got an order for another one, and the rest is history. A lot has changed since then, but not the fact that each piece of rustic furniture is made to order and built with each customer in mind. In 1997, I moved the business to the mountains of Western North Carolina to get closer to my customer. Asheville, North Carolina, and beyond continue to inspire our creations. Perhaps my favorite part about what I do is helping a client get what they want. Whether bringing to life customers' design ideas, or helping them complete their home on schedule with our stairs and railings, it is rewarding to be a positive part of their experience. Give me a call, or send an email, if I can help with any rustic element in your home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20110610_220.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	1939

Lang Hornthal: Owner, Craftsman
Appalachian Designs, LLC

Looking for Beautiful Log Furniture?

Anyone who has ever looked for rustic furniture knows how hard it can be to find the right handcrafted furniture. Among North Carolina furniture makers, Appalachian Designs is perhaps the only company where every piece of log furniture is made to order and built with the customer in mind.

Our Rustic Furniture is Solid Wood Furniture

These days, when much of what you see in furniture stores is made of low-quality materials, it's refreshing to find country furniture that's truly solid wood furniture, built to last. Whether you are looking for childrens' bedroom furniture, bedroom furniture sets, home office furniture, dining room furniture, lodge furniture, cottage furniture, outdoor deck furniture, kitchen furniture or even pet furniture, all our products are quality-handcrafted from logs harvested in the mountains of North Carolina, or from reclaimed fine old materials.

Our North Carolina Furniture is Guaranteed

Log furniture is often seen as primitive furniture, "log cabin furniture" that fits in only with outdoor lawn furniture or other outdoor wooden furniture. Our cedar log furniture can certainly be used this way. But log furniture can be much more. Our log furniture can be used as bedroom furniture, novelty furniture that provides a centerpoint for a room, even cat furniture or dog furniture for your beloved pets. If your home has eclectic furniture, a handcrafted log piece can bring it all together. And, we guarantee our log furniture and rustic furniture so you can feel good about buying your furniture from us.

Most importantly, our customers have a say in everything we build. From adjusting the mattress height on a bed to a one-of-a-kind creation, we do everything we can to make sure you get what you want in both beauty and function. We think that's what sets us apart.

Appalachian Designs' custom furniture is on display at these locations:
Canobie Lake Park: Salem, NH
Plimoth Plantation: Plymouth, MA
The Lodge & Spa at Brush Creek Ranch: Saratoga, WY
Marco Island Historical Society: Marco Island, FL
The Governor's Western Residence: Asheville, NC
River Bend Marketplace: Asheville, NC
Mountain Air Country Club: Burnsville, NC
I-26 West NC Welcome Center: Tennessee/North Carolina line
Chimney Rock Park: Lake Lure, NC
Bear Rock Cafes: Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill and Winston-Salem, NC
Half Moon Outfitters stores: Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, Columbia and Greenville, SC
Great Outdoor Provision Company: Raleigh and Winston-Salem, NC

12 Smith Farm Rd.
Fairview, NC 28730
Hours are Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Appointment only on Fridays and weekends.
www.appalachiandesigns.com