HHere at Cutting Edge Carving I am committed to sculpting the finest high quality wood sculptures. All of the sculptures are "One of a Kind" Originals that I design and carve by hand in my studio. No casts or replicas of any of my sculptures have been made. The range of my work varies from stylized and rustic to more refined and realistic and every look and style inbetween. I carve a number of subjects, including bears and eagles in various sizes and poses. I love carving realistic Wildlife, and therefore most of my work is in this style. All of my wood sculpture begins with the use of a chainsaw, and much of my work is almost entirely chainsaw carved, but I do not limit myself to any one carving tool, and I use any tool that cuts wood in the carving process. Therefore my sculptures range from rough textured and more rustic looking as left by a chainsaw, to a more refined fine finished look.

YYou can browse the gallery of current original wood sculptures for sale as well as the gallery of work I have done in the past. Please email me if you have any ideas of sculptures you would like to see in my gallery for sale, or if you have any questions.

I I grew up in rural northwest Wisconsin, where I currently reside, and I have always had a deep love for nature, wildlife, and the great outdoors.. I believe I was born with a God given artistic gift, which I am very thankful for, and I have been drawing and designing things since at least age four. Pencil drawing was the main way that I artistically expressed myself for most of my life. After High School I took further education for art and I have a couple of certificates and a degree, but up to this point I had no interest at all in sculpture. I did not know what I wanted to do after college. I ended up working at a furniture shop for 4 years and put all of my artistic ambitions on the back burner. I do not remember exactly what my first inspiration was, but the first thing I remember is an advertisement in a magazine for a dremel tool grinder. It listed all of the things you could do with it. One thing they listed was carve wood. My grandfather gave me an old dremel he had, and that started it all for me. That was in about 1999. I started making a couple tiny carvings, and then was inspired to make larger wood sculptures. I had never seen any chainsaw carvings in my life as far as I can remember, and I did not know where to start. I did not even know what tools I would need to carve with. Then I saw a chainsaw carver for the first time at a local fair, and I went out and immediately bought a small chainsaw. Using a fallen tree in a neighbor's forest, I carved my first chainsaw wood sculpture, a five foot bear. You can see a picture of it on my previous carvings page. That is where my wood sculpture career started. I have been carving full time since 2001.

W8340 Cadle Road
Shell Lake, WI 54871
www.cuttingedgecarving.com