The Buffalo Collection…where you can finally create your New American West home, just as you imagined it.

The American West and the majestic buffalo are integral to our country’s beloved historic tradition. As our nation strives to renew its unity and pride, we invite you to join us in welcoming back this great history. Through creative ingenuity, we can weave it into the fabric of our lives and the lives of future generations.

Hotchkiss, Colorado is an almost impossibly beautiful place, and home to Scenic Mesa Ranch and its buffalo herd. The Valley is a patchwork of organic farms, orchards and native sagebrush neatly tucked beneath snowcapped 13,000-foot mountain peaks. Off the beaten path and on the road to nowhere in particular, it has attracted artisans, independents and visionaries for decades.

It’s in this idyllic setting that I founded this aptly named Scenic Mesa Ranch. A botanist by profession, I put my knowledge and experience to good use in restoring native buffalo range on the ranch and developed a commercial buffalo meat business. As guest lodges were built, we used available buffalo hides to make ranch furniture that could handle cowboys, hunters, and dogs. Together with the immense talent and creativity of local artisans, we have developed a uniquely rugged yet classic, finely handcrafted line of American-ethnic furniture and accessories called The Buffalo Collection.

The distinctive, durable furniture is a brilliant slice of Americana, equally at home in Sedona or Syracuse. It nicely bridges the timeline from an older, simpler way of life to today’s contemporary, more sophisticated lifestyles. Built by all-American manufacturer Hancock & Moore in Hickory North Carolina, The Buffalo Collection’s furniture details are superb.

Buffalo leather furniture is virtually unparalleled in its cushy softness, strength and durability. We’re pleased to say our tannery uses a “wet-white” non-chromium tanning process that is earth-friendly and environmentally responsible. Combined with the craftsmanship of the strong hardwood frames, hand-tied springs, and down-filled cushions, you have a superior product of heirloom quality. We are sure you will enjoy this beautiful handcrafted furniture in your home.

Our corporate philosophy encompasses all types of green building, manufacturing and processing. We are finishing four green EcoCabins, each 1,200 square feet and surrounded by porch, overlooking the North Fork of the Gunnison River . . . embodying the simpler lifestyle of the 21st century. In line with this philosophy, we sponsor a monthly “Green Seminar” series of lecture/discussions in the store after hours; and we have begun a monthly series of “Slow Food” dinners featuring the grass-finished meats and natural organic produce grown in our valley.

Our new corporate office and flagship store are located in historic downtown Hotchkiss, Colorado. I invite you to visit us at The Buffalo Collection, 122 E. Bridge Street – and spend the night on our ranch, in an EcoCabin filled with beautiful buffalo furniture.

122 E. Bridge St
Hotchkiss, Colorado 81419
www.scenicmesa.com