+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 IKEA Kitchen Cabinets

IKEA Kitchen Cabinets

Has anyone redone their kitchen with IKEA cabinets...they look amazing but do they hold up well. I dont want to spend a fortune on my kitchen...but i want good quality and some contemporary designs.

thanks!
    Last edited by Irena; 03-09-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irena View Post
    Has anyone redone their kitchen with IKEA cabinets...they look amazing but do they hold up well. I dont want to spend a fortune on my kitchen...but i want good quality and some contemporary designs.

thanks!
    Great place for those who are looking for more modern interior design ideas but have a limited budget

they look amazing but do they hold up well. I dont want to spend a fortune on my kitchen...but i want good quality and some contemporary designs.

I installed an ikea kitchen in my old house and used and abused it thorougly for 8 years before moving. it looked great and held up very well for my family(4 kids) home cooking, and regular catering jobs prepared there. i am putting a new ikea kitchen into my home.

My neighbor installed Ikea cabinets 5 years ago. They just finished ripping them all out and are now using them in the garage (they do have the best looking garage in the neighborhood). Their experience was they were fine for 2-3 years, but then the doors wouldn't close properly, they dented on the ends and there was no way to repair them and after years of nicks and scratches they just looked bad. When I looked at them, the quality and strength of the melamine seemed to very poor compared to other brands. So it would be nice to hear from people who've had them for over 5 years.

+ Reply to Thread