+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rustic Country Home Theme wanted, suggestions and help. My rooms are blank!

Rustic Country Home Theme wanted, suggestions and help. My rooms are blank!

Hello all, new to the forums and hoping to get some great ideas going for my bland house.

The house has mission style furniture, and the couches are a warm brown suede (or some suede imitation).

We live in the country, I love horses, so I guess we picked furniture that was sort of "barn" esque

Here are some pictures, sorry I don't have any of the main living room, but you can get a feel of the house.

Here is the kitchen

*The cabinetry is not bad, it's what came with the house when we bought it. I would like to change the hardware to a mission style, and I think it would look better. Changing the cabinets is something we would have to put aside for awhile, so let's ignore those for now.
    *I mainly need decorations for the kitchen. We'd like to put a tile on the back wall above the counter tops and get granite tops, but again, that will be later.
    *As you can see, there is a space above the cabinets which are scattered with odd things. I think the space could be utilized if I only had a plan of what to put up there. The house has no wall art other than a few family portraits, and the horse/log thing hanging on the wall there.

Here is the living room in the basement. I love the brick around the wood stove, and I even like the wood paneling. I feel like this room would be the easiest to decorate given it's rustic look already here.

I just started this pinterest thing, I found some ideas here, there's a few decorations here and there in these rooms that I think I would like to try. I'm kicking myself for not snagging up some things at the second hand store I eyeballed for a long time... wanting to buy it, but not knowing what to do with it... an old oil lantern, some ceramic brown/cream milk jugs... so many things I left behind that I now realize I could've used!
    http://pinterest.com/arabshowpony223/home/

thank you

I think - in the kitchen - you can remove hanging cabinets and cabinets under and the table and add an island. It can combine storage and table.

You can find ideas for your kitchen:
    http://www.wood-furniture.biz/gallery/
    Last edited by Olga; 07-03-2013 at 04:12 PM.

try to refinish old furniture and change your curtain, you will get a new look in your home.

+ Reply to Thread