+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some basic tips on what to look for in my new kitchen faucet

Some basic tips on what to look for in my new kitchen faucet

I'm planning to replace my old kitchen faucet and since the new faucet should be there for years to come I want to keep up with current trends.

With that said, I want to buy one of those new electronic high-tech faucets with automatic sensors so I can turn it on and off easily while I wash dishes, but still keep my set temperature.

Please give me some basic tips on what to look for in my new state-of-the art kitchen faucet.

Like most plumbing fixtures out there in today's modern market, it all comes down to personal preferences. Aside from style and finish, you can keep two basic choices in mind when looking for your high-tech kitchen faucet:

1. Faucet operation. While most will turn on normally with a standard type handle, you can the stop and start the flow of water through the spout with a built-in electronic sensor. Depending on the faucet it can be a touchless sensor or a tap sensor. Decide what type may work best for your needs.

2. Power choice. If you're dealing with an electronic faucet, you may find models that use battery power or the ones I've seen plug in to a code-approved electrical outlet under the sink. The big tip here is to check to see if a manual override of the faucet is available in the event of a power or battery loss.

Bottom line: When it comes to choosing a modern-day electronic kitchen faucet, you can still add your own personal touch to your kitchen.

+ Reply to Thread