+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Farmhouse-style sinks

Farmhouse-style sinks

I really like the farmhouse-style kitchen sinks, but I don't want to spend extra money just for good looks.

Are there any practical advantages as well with a farmhouse kitchen sink over a standard kitchen sink?

Name:  casale_Kitch.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  32.4 KB

Farmhouse-style (or apron-front) kitchen sinks date way back to when plumbing was young. I bring this point up because they were originally designed as heavy duty work sinks. So, don't let the classic good looks fool you. Like the name says, farmhouse sinks can easily handle all your kitchen chores till the cows come home.

Because the apron-front design creates a large bowl, farmhouse sinks can usually fit oversized cookware like cookie sheets as well. Speaking of bowl design, the traditional farmhouse design is with a deep single bowl, but double bowl types are available. Farmhouse sinks can also be ergonomically friendly to work with since the bowls are positioned farther forward than standard drop-in kitchen sinks.

Now that you know the work advantages with this type of sink, let's get into design. Farmhouse sinks come in a wide selection of materials, textures and colors, so trying to pick just one out may be the hardest work you'll do with your new kitchen sink.

Unless you have a large family, I wouldn't bother

This does look great no doubt but the fact that it is beyond what you would like to spend, makes it an option to look at other alternatives that are budget friendly. You should do some research regarding this. Pinterest would be a great start.
    Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in- Robert Frost

Wide Range of Floating Wall Shelves by DecorNation-Feel The Home

+ Reply to Thread