I just discovered something the other day about mattress sizes. Did you know that king size mattress is not the largest in the mattress kingdom. I did not know that until a couple of days ago when shopping for a mattress for one of my relatives. So allow me to indulge myself in trying to explain the six different sizes of the kingdom. If you already knew about it stop right here.

6 kings in the Mattress Kingdom

1) King size: This is the classic king size that is 76 inches wide and 80 inches long and is the grandfather of them all from which all others originate.
2) Super king: A super king size mattress is superb for stretching and rolling and is 180 cm wide and 200 cm long.
3) Split king: if you are sleeping with a partner who tosses a lot in bed then go and do yourself a favor by insisting in having a split king size mattress.
4) California king: This is the stepbrother of a king size mattress because it is slighter narrower and longer than a normal king size.
5) Split California: I love this because this gives me the best combination of space and intimacy.
6) Grand king: I consider this is the best king size mattress because I feel like a king myself when I sleep in this.

My intention here is not to give you a rundown of the details and specifications of all the sizes available of the best king size mattress 2015 (Top Best Rated Seller King Size Mattress 2014 - 2015) but just to be expressive about the sheer number of sizes in just one category. And I am pretty sure that there are other types that I am not even aware of. Pardon my ignorance but do we have such different sizes in say queen or double bed?