+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much would it cost to install a kitchen faucet?

How much would it cost to install a kitchen faucet?

What does it cost to install a faucet?

The price of a kitchen faucet installation can vary widely, depending on who you hire and where you live. Expect to pay at least $100. The price can range from $100 to $190.

RUSTY FAUCET MAY COST MORE TO REPLACE

On the surface, installing a new faucet seems like a simple, straightforward job. Plumbers tell, that problems can arise that make the job harder and more expensive.

One example is rust. The older the faucet, the more likely it will be rusted in place. That may require a plumber to saw a faucet out, or even call for backup - with one plumber working under the sink and the other working above.

WHO SHOULD INSTALL A FAUCET?

The cost of hiring a professional may motivate you to consider replacing a faucet yourself. Only you know if you have the skills to make it worthwhile. Keep in mind, though, that a licensed plumber has special training and expertise. Weigh potential savings against the risk of a leak or other problem.

When hiring a plumber, consider those who have good reviews on a trusted consumer site, and make sure to confirm appropriate licensing, insurance and bonding.

Not sure. Last time I changed my faucet muself. I bought a new one at Home Depot and did it. I have a basic sink - no disposal or hand sprayer.

+ Reply to Thread