+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bathroom decor

Bathroom decor

After years of saving, we're planning to build a modest new home.

Since we are on a tight budget, I'm going to do all of the designing and decorating.

What tips can you give me to help with the bathroom decor so it won't look like someone just threw in a bunch of plumbing fixtures?

This is an interesting question that goes way back to when I installed a new toilet many years ago that came with a companion sink. I thought it was so cool to have a sink and a toilet perfectly matched up for color and style. It really gave the bathroom a common decorative foundation to build on.

As the years passed, tub and shower units joined the pre-matched plumbing fixture team, and this became known as a bathroom suite. It wasn't long before faucets, mixing valves and accessories like towel and soap holders trimmed out the package. Recently, some plumbing suite packages started to offer matching medicine cabinets as well.

So, basically, if you pick out a deluxe plumbing package, you too can start living the suite life in your new home.

+ Reply to Thread