+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A wall-hung sink

A wall-hung sink

I have a standard toilet in my present bathroom, I would like to remove my box-type vanity sink for a wall-hung sink. This can give me a little foot room.

But, I don't want it to look like a commercial bathroom.

Do they make attractive wall-hung sinks with the piping concealed?

In smaller bathrooms, designers and homeowners like to install pedestal sinks for this very reason. With a pedestal sink, you do pick up some space-saving advantages of a wall-hung sink while still getting a true designer look.

However, pedestal sinks do have a slight disadvantage when compared to a traditional wall-hung sink. The floor pedestal can still get in the way when installed in a very tight space.

Good news for you is you can find attractive and versatile wall-hung bathroom sinks that accept factory-matched shroud covers to conceal the piping. The shroud only extends down about a foot, which sounds perfect since you're looking for some extra foot room.

wall-hung sink

As opposed to a classic floor standing pedestal sink, wall-hung sink help to save space while still looking elegant. One of the major benefits of a wall-hung sink is that it can be fixed at any height, which is very useful if you need to install in a child’s bathroom, for example. They are also much easier to clean without a pedestal and especially so if the plumbing is concealed.
    Sinks are made from all the typical materials like ceramic and steel but given that they hang from the wall, wall-hung sink need careful consideration as your choice of fixings and wall strength will determine what size (or weight) you can go up to.

+ Reply to Thread