+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matching faucet for kitchen sink

Matching faucet for kitchen sink

We're doing a kitchen renovation that will include a new kitchen sink.

I want to know some tips I can keep in mind so my new kitchen faucet best matches my new kitchen sink.

You should ask yourself three basic questions when choosing a faucet to best match your kitchen sink.

1. Type of kitchen sink: Will you have a single-bowl or double-bowl sink? This is important for choosing the type of spout the faucet will have. Single-bowl sinks may best match up with longer faucet spouts or pull-out spray spouts, while double-bowl kitchen sinks work well with pull-down spray spouts.

2. Finish: Will your sink be made out of stainless steel or cast iron? With a stainless steel sink, a faucet with a stainless look matches up nicely. For cast iron, you can match or complement the sink color with fancy faucet trims and finishes.

3. Features: Will any special accessories be included? With disposers, you may want a sweeping spray head that can move food waste easily. With built-in cutting boards, touchless faucet technology makes it easier for messy hands to operate the faucet.

Bottom line: If you just ask yourself, new faucet ideas will start to flow freely.

+ Reply to Thread