+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water-saving kitchen faucet

Water-saving kitchen faucet

I am an avid home chef with a very large kitchen. I plan to install a prep sink in my island for rinsing and washing foods. Since I'm not filling large pots in this sink, I would like to install a water-saving kitchen faucet.

Can you please give me the quick rundown on a couple water-saving choices for kitchen faucets?

Many homeowners choose standard flow kitchen faucets for the very reason you brought up.

If you need to fill large pots, in most cases it's convenient to have a little extra water flow to fill up the pot a little faster. Plus, that water is being used for cooking, not running down the drain. But, for prep sinks where there may be more rinsing than filling, a water-saving faucet is a good choice. You want to look for a kitchen faucet that has a maximum flow rate of 1.8 gallons per minute to save some water.

A good choice for a kitchen/prep sink is a high efficiency faucet that includes touchless on/off features. This way water can be running only when hands are under the spout, giving you total hands-on control of your water-saving faucet flow.

+ Reply to Thread