+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Efficient flushing

Efficient flushing

We just purchased a small lake cabin and we want to replace the old toilet with a new toilet to help save water.

I have tried research, but frankly I'm confused.

What suggestions do you have to assist us in finding a very efficient toilet?

Believe it or not, a good part of the answer is in your question. The two key words are efficiency and assist, and I'll explain both as they relate to toilets.

If you're looking to save water, I recommend getting a high efficiency toilet, or what we in the trades call a HET. In most cases, to qualify as a HET the fixture flushes with less than 1.3 gallons of water per flush.

For water savings and flushing power, I like air pressure-assisted HETs. Air-assisted or pressure-lite toilets use pressure vessel technology to deliver strong and efficient flushes.

Since some pressure-assisted toilets use only one gallon of water per flush, this should really help clear the air on how you can save a lot of water.

Efficient flushing is one of factor we need to consider besides:
    - simple to clean
    - high pressure
    - broad area
    - soundless
    - the universal height
    If you still feel hard, check this guide with a suggestion list to choose a good one which suits best you need

Lightbulb

I know this is way too late to help, but for anyone else looking to save water while flushing, a fill cycle diverter allows the bowl to fill up quickly while saving half a gallon of H2O per flush. And it's pocket friendly (under 5 bucks on Amazon).

Otherwise, consider upgrading to a dual-flush toilet. If you are not looking to splurge a lot on a new toilet, a dual-flush conversion allows you to get on the dual-flush bandwagon without spending more than $15

+ Reply to Thread