+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Higher Toilet

A Higher Toilet

I plan to remodel our master bathroom.
    With this fresh start I have an issue that has followed me most of my life that hopefully we can solve.

I’m very tall and would like to install a higher toilet. What are some options?

The first and easiest option is to look into a floor-mount toilet style often called comfort height.

Comfort height toilets are a little higher than a standard toilet. Sitting down will feel like the height of a dining room chair.

For a more custom-height option (also more expensive), you can look into a residential wall-hung toilet.

Wall-hung toilets hang on a strong harness inside the wall. Some models allow for the bowl to be raised up in a higher position.

Either toilet option may work for you to hopefully solve your longstanding toilet issue.

There are pros and cons you need to consider if you want to elevate your toilet. Yes, you will be comfortable afterwards. However, a family member of yours may find it hard to use the toilet after remodeling it. But if you live alone, then you can do freely what you want.

+ Reply to Thread