+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good software to organize scanned documents

Good software to organize scanned documents

So, I am about to scan tons of different documents, trying to get some order in the boxes of papers I have around. Of course, I also have to figure out the best way to organize them.

Basically, I need an easy-to-use system for managing and finding documents. It should have a simple interface and a good search function to help me find files faster and avoid the hassle of searching manually.

Also, I learned there are document management tools that automatically give files logical and consistent names based on certain rules and what's inside them. This would allow me to keep my files organized and prevent naming errors. Otherwise, I just know I would end up naming my files ***1, ***2, ***2a and having no idea which one is which.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Well, I know of a few good document storage solutions you could check out. Since you're looking for easy-to-use software, the first one that comes to mind is FileCenter. It is like an online filing cabinet that's easy for anyone, no matter their tech skills, to use for organizing documents. I know quite a few not-tech-savvy people who had no problem finding their way around. Oh, and the rule-based name generation is one of the features of this software. Other solutions on the list are also good but a bit more complicated to navigate and not a first choice if you're on a budget. I'm not sure if price is a factor for you, but I do know for sure it's not easy to run a business these days. Anyway, these are all powerful tools that will definitely make your life easier. I hope you'll find a good fit on this list.

Thanks, this helps a lot! The pros and cons mentioned for each software are exactly what I needed. Okay, good luck to me, hope it will be as simple as it seems.

+ Reply to Thread