View RSS Feed

Vermont Woods Studios

1. Wood Furniture Care: Tips on Climate Control

Name:  cherry-round-pedestal-table.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  40.6 KB

A few tips on humidity and climate control:

Wood Furniture Moves in Response to Changes in Humidity

When wood is part of a living tree, water moves up the trunk, from the ground and through the pores and fibers of the wood, as it travels out to the leaves.

After a tree is cut and sawn into lumber, water continues to move back and forth through the wood fibers until the wood’s moisture level reaches equilibrium ...
    Categories
    Opinion
  2. Introducing The Kyoto Dining Room Furniture Collection

Name:  kyoto-dining-collection.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  27.1 KB

If you’re looking for unique, modern dining room furniture, The Kyoto Collection is for you.

The Kyoto Dining Room Furniture Collection by Copeland takes a traditional Japanese furniture design and fuses it with a Modern Western aesthetic…creating a truly extraordinary dining set.

The broad surfaces, simple geometric shapes, and real walnut wood create a naturally complex beauty. This dining set is defined by its asymmetry and ...
    Categories
    Dining Room
  3. Buying Fine Furniture Online: Top 3 Tips For A Successful Purchase

Name:  6a00d83452272669e2017616e35892970c-350wi.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  16.7 KB

When I started Vermont Woods Studios seven years ago, most people told me that no one in their right mind would consider buying expensive fine furniture online. But I would. And I figured I was not the only one who preferred researching my purchases on my own rather than being "sold to" in a traditional furniture store.

If you're one of those people too, I'll offer some advice to help with your research. Although we were one of ...
    Categories
    Furniture
  4. Fine Furniture Characteristics: Solid Wood vs Veneers

Vermont furniture can be distinguished from other American made furniture or imported furniture by the extensive use of real, solid wood. American Black Cherry is the wood most often used in Vermont furniture although sugar maple, black walnut, oak and other local species are also popular.

Typically Vermont furniture can be distinguished from other American made furniture or imported furniture by the extensive use of real, solid wood. American Black Cherry is the wood most often used in Vermont furniture although sugar maple, black walnut, oak and other local species are also popular.

At Vermont Woods Studios we represent woodworkers and fine furniture makers from all across the Green Mountain State so our furniture reflects ...
    Categories
    Furniture
  5. 98% Customer Satisfaction Rating for Vermont Made Furniture

Name:  6a00d8345.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  24.9 KB

You have many choices when it comes to purchasing fine furniture online. We know if we're going to continue to grow Vermont Woods Studios and accomplish our mission we need to provide you with the best furniture selection, value, quality, shipping, delivery and customer service available. So we're always working on that and measuring our progress.

Our latest customer survey results show that 98% of our customers were very satisfied (rating ...
    Categories
    Furniture
  6. American Made Outdoor Furniture: What's The Best Wood To Use?

Name:  6a00d83452272669e20167676f676b970b-350wi.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  14.1 KB

This the season for buying outdoor furniture. Even in Vermont we have a couple nice days each year when everyone wants to lounge in the sun with a cold drink and a good book.

Our customers often discover us when they're searching for American made, eco-friendly furniture. We've worked in collaboration with Vermont furniture makers for many years but have stuck to selling just sustainable indoor furniture for the dining room, bedroom ...
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast