View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Ikea is Bringing Back its Furniture from the '50s, '60s, and '70s

Name:  Argang_Ikea.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  26.6 KB

Ikea reissues retro furniture in limited-edition ÅRGÅNG collection

Ikea is a reliable source for ready-to-assemble modern furniture (even if we ourselves are never quite ready to assemble it). The convenience factor is there, but what about the "wow" factor? Indeed, no one has ever complimented us on our plain white Ikea shelving unit overflowing with books. Maybe because virtually every other city dweller under 45 has one too?
    Categories
    Furniture
  2. Oak Wooden Floors

Name:  oak-wood-flooring.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  42.3 KB

OK you got me; I'm an absolute sucker for solid wood.

Can you blame me though? Just have a look at the images below, and notice how the quality of the floor pumps its way to the front of the queue.

In fact this is my absolute favorite when it comes to flooring options, the more solid the board the better. Don't think for a second that solid means solid planks because it doesn't, you can now buy tongue and groove floor boards ...
  3. Modern Living Room Furniture

Name:  trapezio_W_grattarola.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  18.7 KB

When people refer to modern living room furniture are they really just talking about contemporary living room furniture or is there a difference?

Well consider this, the word CONTEMPORARY is actually an adjective and has 3 senses:

1. Characteristic of the present

2. Belonging to the present time

3. Occurring in the same period of time

So, based on the description above I think it's fair to ...
    Categories
    Home Decor
  4. Is your bed giving you problems?

Name:  molteni_clip.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  32.6 KB

Have you ever thought about how much time you spend in bed? The only person that I know of that spends less than 4 hrs in bed is Donald Trump - so if you're not DT then you're like the rest of us.

You need to be tucked up for at least 8hrs a night to be able to function properly the next day and you also need a good bed.

Trust me, I know what you are thinking - spanking a wedge (I said a wedge not a wench - get your mind out of the gutter ...
    Categories
    Bedroom
  5. Stop Wasting Terrace Space

Name:  Croissant_01.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  27.8 KB

When you're dealing with a small flat, you want to be sure that you are using every square inch that you can. Though many people are adept at creative solutions for cramped indoor quarters, far too many people completely neglecting the extra square feet they have perched just next to the house.

You need to start planning now to quit wasting your terrace space. A common excuse is that the terrace is just a few square feet, so why bother with it? ...
    Categories
    Patio and Outdoor
  6. Making The Most Of Odd Shaped Rooms

Name:  odd-shaped-room.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  34.4 KB

Dealing with uniquely shaped rooms is a major challenge for both homeowners and renters.

At first, a rounded tower room or a narrow converted bathroom may seem to have a lovely touch of charm.

Dealing with the space limitations on an ongoing basis, however, can rapidly turn that charm to chagrin.

The key to making the most of odd shaped rooms is not to let your frustration take over.

You are the owner of ...
    Categories
    Home Decor
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast