View RSS Feed

Olga

Tips for small Kitchens and Bathrooms

Rate this Entry
Name:  small-kitchen.jpg
Views: 1922
Size:  28.7 KB

My two basic suggestions for smaller bathrooms and smaller kitchens are about the same. Use lots of white colors and install a good exhaust fan to ventilate area. On top of my basic tips, here are three smaller kitchen remodeling tips to keep in mind.

1. Get as much light into the kitchen as possible. Long rectangular windows up high and close to the ceiling can make use of lower wall space and get natural light into the area. Skylights can also make up for limited availability to install large windows.

2. Use shelving or shelving units in place of cabinets whenever possible. Since shelves are open spaces, visually it can look like you have a little more room in the kitchen. The downside is now you just can't throw a mess of stuff in a cabinet and close the door.

3. Install a smaller size single bowl kitchen sink. No rule says you have to install a large kitchen sink. Smaller single bowl kitchen sinks are available that work just fine and can save space. I recommend an apron-front or farmer's-type sink that can give your small kitchen a big visual impact.

Submit "Tips for small Kitchens and Bathrooms" to Digg Submit "Tips for small Kitchens and Bathrooms" to del.icio.us Submit "Tips for small Kitchens and Bathrooms" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tips for small Kitchens and Bathrooms" to Google Submit "Tips for small Kitchens and Bathrooms" to Facebook Submit "Tips for small Kitchens and Bathrooms" to Twitter

Categories
Kitchen

Comments

Leave Comment Leave Comment